Official Promotional Rules for the Nebraska Lottery’s NASCAR Powerball Playoff Promotion
View as PDF (399 Kb)
1.1 Promotional Times and Dates: This promotion runs from 5:00 a.m. CT on May 3, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. CT on May 30, 2023. Winners will have until May 31, 2023, to enter vouchers. One drawing will be held on June 1, 2023, to select winners.
1.2 A contest winner will have until 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT on June 8, 2023, to respond to the Nebraska Lottery’s notification that the participant has been selected as a winner.
2. Prizes: There are fifteen (15) winners for this promotion. Each winner will receive one thousand dollars ($1,000) and be entered with contestants from other participating state lotteries for a chance to win a trip to Phoenix that includes a chance to win one million dollars ($1,000,000).
3. Eligibility and Entry:
3.1 The Nebraska Lottery’s NASCAR Powerball Playoff Promotion is only open to individuals 19 years of age or older.
3.2 To participate, an individual must enter through the MVP Club at nelottery.com. Entry steps are as follows:
a. Participants will receive an entry for each unique submission of a seven-digit voucher number from the voucher received from purchasing a Powerball with Power Play, Powerball with Double Play, or Powerball with Power Play and Double Play ticket.
b. Participants will receive voucher numbers through May 30, 2023, for each Powerball with Power Play, Powerball with Double Play or Powerball with Power Play and Double Play purchase. Participants will have until 11:59 p.m. CT on May 31, 2023, to enter at nelottery.com, with the final drawing taking place on June 1, 2023.
3.3 Entries must be received no later than the deadline stated in 1.1 to be eligible. Valid entries will be assigned a number which will be entered into a random number generator for the drawing. Following the drawing, the Nebraska Lottery will contact the winners to verify information including, but not limited to, name and mailing address. Upon verification of information, the Nebraska Lottery will commence prize fulfillment. A contest winner that does not respond by this time will have all prizes declared forfeit and the winner will have no further right to the prize. If the winner does not contact the Nebraska Lottery by the time stated above, the Nebraska Lottery will conduct an additional drawing to select an alternate winner.
3.4 The Nebraska Lottery must be able to contact contest winners by, at the option of the Nebraska Lottery, the phone number or email address provided at the time of entry. After winner selection, the Nebraska Lottery will contact the winner and mail the winner a claim form. The name and other information provided on the claim form must match information provided at the time of entry. Proof of identification will be required at the discretion of the Nebraska Lottery to include, but is not limited to, a photocopy of a valid driver’s license or other state-issued identification, valid military identification, or valid passport. If any of these criteria are not met, the prize cannot be claimed, and another winner will be chosen.
3.5 NASCAR Powerball Playoff Overview
The fifteen (15) winners from Nebraska will be included with winners from other states in a multi-state drawing which will result in sixteen (16) semi-finalists.
Sixteen (16) semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a series of drawings that coincide with elimination rounds during the NASCAR Playoffs to determine four (4) finalists who will win a VIP trip to the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Weekend at Phoenix Raceway. One (1) of the four (4) finalists will win $1 million in a drawing broadcast live from the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race.
VIP TRIP EXPERIENCE
Four (4) finalists may each bring one (1) guest for a full VIP experience in Phoenix, Arizona November 3 - 6, 2023. Finalists will be treated to exclusive hotel accommodations as well as track hospitality, which may include:
NASCAR Championship Weekend Prize Pack (Approximate Value of $9,600)
- Roundtrip coach airfare for finalist + one (1) guest to Phoenix, Arizona
- Hotel accommodations for finalist + one (1) guest
- Two (2) Ally Curve Hospitality Club passes (includes food, beverages, and FanShield Infield Experience access) at Phoenix Raceway for admission to:
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Race at 4:00pm on Saturday, November 4, 2023
- NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race at 1:00pm on Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Two (2) passes for VIP Experiences at Phoenix Raceway during NASCAR Championship Weekend for Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5, 2023, including:
- NASCAR Cup Series garage pass.
- NASCAR team hauler tour
- MRN Radio booth tour
- Pace car rides
- Pre-Race attendance
- Victory Lane access
- Two (2) Official NASCAR Championship Weekend Event Programs
- Two (2) Souvenir Gift Bags, each with a retail value of at least Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250)
- Two (2) Racing Electronics Scanner Rentals for use while at Phoenix Raceway
- Two (2) tickets to a Welcome Dinner at a venue to be selected by Producer on Friday, November 3, 2023
- Concierge Service
- All meals while in PHX, including the Welcome Dinner on Friday, November 3, 2023
- Ground transportation to and from airports, hotel, and activities in PHX.
Winner is not required to travel to PHX to participate in the drawing for, and remain eligible to win, the $1 Million Prize. Winner may appoint a proxy to take the trip instead, subject to the Trip Prize Terms and Conditions, and will still remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize.
- Winner (or their proxy) may also have the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program, provided that Winner completes, and signs all required releases and forms and consents to a background check. If Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy must complete, and sign all required releases and clear the background check in order to take the trip. In the event that Winner’s designated proxy does not clear the background check, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow Winner to appoint another proxy to take the trip (subject to background clearance and Prize Provider deadlines); or (ii) allow proxy to travel and to appoint a second proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to participate in the Program.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Winner’s eligibility to participate in the trip and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Winner’s failure to complete and sign all required release and forms and/or to consent to a background check and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of his/her appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Winner’s eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Trip Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly NOT an element of the Trip Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Winner for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Winner’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.
4. Entry Rules and Regulations:
4.1 During the promotion, every Powerball with Power Play, Powerball with Double Play or Powerball with Power Play and Double Play ticket purchase will generate a voucher ticket. On the voucher there will be a seven-digit voucher number. MVP Club players will receive an entry for each unique submission of the seven-digit voucher number entered through the Nebraska Lottery website by the deadline of 11:59 p.m. CT on May 31, 2023. The player must keep the entered voucher ticket for verification. See nelottery.com for more details.
- Players will receive voucher numbers for each Powerball with Power Play, Powerball with Double Play, or Powerball with Power Play and Double Play ticket purchase. The number of voucher numbers a player receives will be based on the number of plays on the ticket times the number of draws for the ticket. For example, a one-play Powerball with Power Play ticket for one draw will receive one (1) voucher number, a one-play Powerball with Power Play ticket for two draws will receive two (2) vouchers. A two-play Powerball ticket with Double Play for two draws will receive four (4) voucher numbers, and so on. Adding both Power Play and Double Play to the original Powerball ticket does not increase the number of voucher numbers a player will receive. Eligible ticket purchases can have up to five plays and a maximum of 12 weeks’ worth of drawings.
4.2 The Nebraska Lottery will not accept entries at any of their claim centers or retail locations.
4.3 A player may enter multiple times, but the voucher ticket numbers may only be entered once.
4.4 Attempts will be made by the Nebraska Lottery for one week after the drawing to contact each of the winners by telephone and/or email. The Nebraska Lottery may utilize alternative methods to contact the winners at the Nebraska Lottery’s discretion. If a winner fails to respond to contact attempts made by the Nebraska Lottery during the one-week timeframe, the winner forfeits the prize, and the Nebraska Lottery reserves the right to draw a new winner.
5. Prize Selection:
5.1 Only entries that have been submitted at nelottery.com by 11:59 p.m. CT the evening before the drawing date listed above will be eligible to win. The winners will be notified by telephone or email. The Nebraska Lottery will use the email and other information provided at the time of entry.
5.2 The prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Federal, state, or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner unless otherwise indicated in the prize section of the rules.
5.3 All applicable federal, state, or local laws apply.
5.4 When applicable, prizes will be mailed to the winners at the addresses provided when contacted by the Nebraska Lottery by email or phone.
5.5 If a prize is returned to the Nebraska Lottery, the Lottery may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize.
5.6 A winner’s entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, photograph, or likeness for purposes of advertising, publicity, or promotion on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery. The name of the winner and town/city/state will be posted on the Nebraska Lottery Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook page following winner notification.
5.7. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 9-810(5), prior to the payment of any Lottery prize in excess of $500 for a winning Lottery ticket presented for redemption to the Nebraska Lottery, including the applicable prizes provided in this promotion, the Nebraska Lottery shall check the name and Social Security number of the winner with a list provided by the Nebraska Department of Revenue of people identified as having an outstanding state tax liability, and a list of people certified by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services as owing a debt as defined in section 77 27,161. The Nebraska Lottery shall credit any such Lottery prize against any outstanding state tax liability or certified debt owed by such winner and the balance of such prize amount, if any, shall be paid to the winner by the Nebraska Lottery. Any such credit of a Lottery prize against a state tax liability or certified debt is collectively referred to as an “offset” regarding non-cash prizes, offsets shall be applied in the manner prescribed by Lottery Regulation 604.14 through 604.14C.
5.7.1 In regard to merchandise prize winners, if the state tax liability or certified debt is greater than the cash prize amount, the Nebraska Lottery will provide a substitute prize for the merchandise prize. The substitute prize will be a cash amount determined by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion, which amount will not be subject to appeal by the prizewinner and will not include the value of any state or federal tax (collectively referred to as the “cash equivalent”). The cash prize amount and the cash equivalent will be credited against the state tax liability or certified debt and, if applicable, the remaining amount paid to the winner. As an alternative, the prizewinner may elect to pay the full amount of the state tax liability or certified debt in the amount and in the manner as determined by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion. If the Nebraska Lottery determines the full amount of the state tax liability or certified debt has been paid in the manner as prescribed by the Nebraska Lottery, the prizewinner will receive the prize as detailed in the promotion.
5.8 Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6. General Contest Terms:
6.1 Only entries submitted by legally eligible participants through the MVP Club at nelottery.com and containing complete and valid information are eligible for this promotion contest, except as provided above.
6.1.1 Entry submissions found to be fraudulent, entered in error or otherwise containing incorrect information may/will be disqualified at the discretion of the Lottery Director.
6.1.2 Any attempt to manipulate or defraud the contest process may/will result in disqualification of the individual entrant(s) at the discretion of the Lottery Director.
6.2 Entries which are lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or incompletely received, including by reason of technical malfunction, network congestion, or system incompatibility, are ineligible.
6.3 Information provided to the Nebraska Lottery will be kept confidential, except as provided in 6.4, below, will be used solely by or on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery, and will not be shared with or sold to outside parties without prior approval.
6.4 The drawing will be conducted by a computer random number generator program at Nebraska Lottery headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska. The Nebraska Lottery will notify the contest winners. The identity of contest winners is public information pursuant to Lottery regulations and may be posted on the Lottery website and publicized by other means including, but not limited to, news releases and articles in the Lottery Times and retailer newsletter.
6.5 Prizes awarded in this, and any other promotional contest conducted by the Nebraska Lottery are taxable income and may be reported for tax purposes. Winners of prizes over $500 in value will be checked for outstanding tax and child support liabilities to credit prize awards in accordance with state law. Prizes over $5,000 in value will automatically have state and federal income tax of 5 percent and 24 percent, respectively, withheld in accordance with state and federal law.
6.6 Prizes won in this contest are not transferable and, unless otherwise stated in the contest rules, may not be assigned except by judicial order. The Nebraska Lottery will substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to unavailability for any reason. In such event, certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
6.7 The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for any travel, lodging, meals, or other expense related to claiming any prize. Non-cash prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash value. Prizes consisting of Lottery tickets will be mailed to Nebraska addresses only. Out-of-state winners may pick up Lottery ticket prizes at a Nebraska Lottery claim center location by arrangement.
6.8 Participants must be 19 years of age or older to enter this contest. Employees of the Nebraska Lottery and its contractors, subcontractors, and their immediate family members residing in their same households are ineligible.
6.9 Nebraska Lottery MVP Club membership entitles one to receive information concerning Nebraska Lottery products and promotions according to the member’s stated preferences. MVP Club members may modify their member profiles at any time by following the directions on the MVP Club member login page on the Nebraska Lottery website at nelottery.com.
6.10 The actual vouchers or tickets from which numbers are submitted must be retained for prize verification and received by the Lottery, along with a valid claim form. The Lottery is not responsible for lost, stolen, mis-delivered, damaged, illegible, or incomplete received vouchers, tickets, or claim forms.
6.11 Contest rules, drawing dates, deadlines, and procedures are subject to change without notice as may be deemed necessary or appropriate by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion. By entering this contest, all participants agree to be bound by Nebraska state law and the rules and regulations of the Nebraska Lottery.
Published on 04/06/2023