1. This promotion will run from 12:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Tuesday, October 27, 2009, until two weeks (14 days) following the official game closing announcement.
2. Players holding a PALMS ticket that reveals an ENTRY symbol (i.e. the plane symbol like the ticket front) in the PLAY AREA, may go to www.nelottery.com and log-in (join) the MVP Club, and submit the twelve-digit serial number from the ticket back.
3. Once the top prize in the game has been claimed, the Nebraska Lottery will announce the official game closing for Palms (Game Number 520). This information can be found at www.nelottery.com or by calling 1-800-224-5825.
Entries must be received online no later than two weeks (14 days) following the official game closing announcement. Any entries received after this date will not be eligible for the prize.
4. The prize drawing will be held two weeks following the official game closing announcement to select one winner and three alternates for the Trip Prize pack.
Alternates will only be contacted if the previous name drawn can not provide a valid ticket to claim the prize.
The Trip Prize pack trip includes 4 days/3 nights accommodations, double occupancy in a Junior Suite at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada, coach airfare for two (2) on a major airline departing from Omaha or Lincoln, Nebraska, or another international airport in the continental United States of the winner’s choice, to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, round trip ground transfers, five hundred dollars ($500) spending money and two (2) leather travel bags as described below.
This 13.5”x 19.5”x 10” black leather wheeled carry-on travel bag is designed for maximum carry-on capacity. Made of genuine leather, this travel bag features sealed ball bearing in-line skate wheels and telescoping pull handle. The construction is an “edge bound” European design with top and side cushion grip handles for carrying ease. There is a three-sided dent zip around entry in the fully lined main section. Inside the main section there is a large mesh pocket for shirts and accessories and two smaller wall pockets. There are two adjustable web tie straps to hold clothes for easier packing. The front of the case has an additional front pocket with accessory pockets for cell phone, business cards, I.D., pens/pencils, etc. The flap features an interior gusset flap that prevents the pocket flap from falling open when the section is unzipped. Each travel bag contains self- healing nylon coil zippers and the hardware is a silver colored dull matte finish. Protective shatterproof wheel housing protects both wheels. The travel bag features hard sided construction on sides and back and the bottom includes protective feet and reinforced protective housing.
The trip prize is valued at $6,000.
Once a winner is selected, the Trip Prize will be fulfilled by MDI on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery. Prize fulfillment shall include the scheduling and coordination of all travel, hotel accommodations, ground transfers and other amenities as provided below:
i. The trip prize includes airfare for two (2) round trip coach class tickets booked on a major airline from either the Omaha or Lincoln, Nebraska airports or an international airport in the continental U.S of the winner’s choice. to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas and for the return flight.
ii. The trip prize includes a double occupancy room at the Palms Casino Resort for three (3) nights and four (4) days.
iii. The Grand Prize includes transportation between the airport and hotel.
iv. The five hundred dollar ($500) cash component of the Grand Prize will be issued by MDI in the form of a check sent two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled trip.
v. The two (2) leather travel bags as described above, shall be shipped by MDI (2) weeks prior to the scheduled trip.
vi. The Grand Prize is not transferable.
vii. The Grand Prize does not include: insurance, gratuities, meals, parking fees, excess baggage fees, alcoholic beverages, any items not specified and personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service, laundry, etc., revision or cancellation fees which may be charged by the airline, hotel, or other suppliers.
viii. The person claiming a Trip Prize package will be responsible for paying the Federal and State taxes as required by law. Winners under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a guest that is 21 years of age or older to check into the Palms Casino Resort. The winners or guests must also have a valid credit card or may be required to post a cash deposit (approximately $100 per day) for incidentals to check in. Winners or guests that are under 21 years of age are not permitted in casino areas. MDI will review the information provided by the winner or their guests to ensure that at least one of the winners or guests are at least 21 years old.
ix. Any person claiming a Grand Prize is responsible for the Federal and State sales taxes on the prize as required by law and the LOTTERY shall make all statutory withholdings and shall pay the appropriate agencies on behalf of the winner and provide a W-2G form to the winner for the components of the trip. Any payment of taxes associated with any money won while in Las Vegas by winner or winner’s guest is the responsibility of the winner or winner’s guest;
x. If a Grand Prize winner fails to appear at the airline at the designated time of departure, the entire prize (other than the $500 spending money and the two leather travel bag components of the Grand Prize) will be forfeited.
xi. If a Grand Prize trip is not claimed or not taken by a Grand Prize winner, the LOTTERY may award the Grand Prize to an alternate recipient and MDI shall fulfill that Grand Prize under the same terms and conditions as specified in this Section.
xii. The Grand Prize winners shall have one (1) year from the date on which they were notified of their prize to schedule the trip but in no event shall the trip extend beyond 2010.
xiii. Reservations are contingent upon availability of each component of the Grand Prize trip.
xiv. MDI will not be responsible for any additional Federal and/or State taxes that may become due when a winner files a tax return as required by law.
xv. MDI may substitute a prize of equal or better quality upon the written approval of the Lottery.
5. Only entries submitted by Nebraska Lottery MVP Club members through www.nelottery.com and containing complete and valid information are eligible for this promotion contest.
6. Entries which are lost, late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or incompletely received, including by reason of technical malfunction, network congestion or system incompatibility are ineligible.
7. Information provided by Nebraska Lottery MVP Club members will be kept confidential, and will be used solely by or on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery and will not be shared with or sold to outside parties without MVP Club member approval.
8. The drawings will be conducted by a computer random number generator program at Nebraska Lottery headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska. The Nebraska Lottery will notify contest winners. The identity of contest winners is public information pursuant to Lottery regulations and may be posted on the Lottery website and publicized by other means including, but not limited to, news releases and articles in the Nebraska Lottery players digest and retailer newsletter.
9. Prizes awarded in this and any other promotional contest conducted by the Nebraska Lottery are taxable income and may be reported for tax purposes. Winners of prizes over $500 in value will be checked for outstanding tax and child support liabilities to credit prize awards in accordance with state law. Prizes over $5,000 in value will automatically have state and federal income tax of 5 percent and 25 percent, respectively, withheld in accordance with state and federal law.
10. Prizes won in this contest are not transferable and, unless otherwise stated in the contest rules, may not be assigned except by judicial order. The Nebraska Lottery will substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to unavailability for any reason. In such event, certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
11. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for any travel, lodging, meals or other expense related to claiming any prize. Non-cash prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash value. Prizes consisting of lottery tickets will be mailed to Nebraska addresses only. Out-of-state winners may pick up lottery ticket prizes at a Nebraska Lottery claim center location by arrangement.
12. Participants must be 19 years of age or older and be Nebraska Lottery MVP Club members to enter this contest. Employees of the Nebraska Lottery and its contractors, subcontractors and their immediate family members residing in their same household are ineligible.
13. Nebraska Lottery MVP Club membership entitles one to receive information concerning Nebraska Lottery products and promotions according to his or her stated preferences. An MVP Club member may modify his or her member profile at any time by following the directions on the MVP Club members login page on the Nebraska Lottery website at www.nelottery.com.
14. The actual tickets from which numbers are submitted must be retained for prize verification and received by the Lottery, along with a valid claim form. The Lottery is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdelivered, damaged, illegible, or incompletely received tickets or claim forms.
15. Contest rules, drawing dates, deadlines and procedures are subject to change without notice as may be deemed necessary or appropriate by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion. By entering this contest all participants agree to be bound by Nebraska state law and the rules and regulations of the Nebraska Lottery.