2018 25th Anniversary Cash Splash Finalists Split $125,000 at Grand Prize Event
Bernadette Kasmanchy of Grand Island won $15,000 in the 25th Anniversary Cash Splash Second-Chance Giveaway. View more photos of the Grand Prize event.
After receiving more than 42,000 entries, the Nebraska Lottery ended its 25th Anniversary Cash Splash Second-Chance Giveaway by handing out a total of $125,000 at an event at the Great Platte River Road Archway Monument in Kearney.
The 25 semifinalists assembled on September 23 to determine their share of the prize money. Each semifinalist was guaranteed to win at least $2,500, with one person taking home the top prize of $25,000.
A series of elimination rounds narrowed the field of contestants down to two: Bernadette Kasmanchy of Grand Island, and a proxy representing Vicki Swarthout of North Platte. In the final round, the contestants took turns selecting one of nine money guns. After several turns without finding the working money gun, the proxy contestant stepped up and chose the working money gun. A shower of fake money shot out, confirming they had won the $25,000 top prize for Vicki Swarthout of North Platte.
The remaining contestants received the following prizes:
- Symantha Casteel of Chapman - $2,500
- Michelle Brown of Omaha - $2,500
- Thomas Sullivan of Plattsmouth - $2,500
- James Gress of Nebraska City - $2,500
- Karl Sievert of Lincoln - $2,500
- Robert Carr of Lexington - $3,000
- Curtis Fry of Hastings - $3,000
- Sue Martinez of Columbus - $3,000
- Steven Fay of Elkhorn - $3,000
- Lindsey Gadberry, La Vista - $3,000
- Bruce Fisher of Omaha - $3,500
- Christine Wells of Gretna - $3,500
- James Wells of Gretna - $3,500
- Scott Harpster, Hamburg, IA - $3,500
- Barbara Oberg, Omaha - $3,500
- Kimberly Kriha of Ravenna - $4,000
- Christine De Lisle of Omaha - $4,000
- Steve Mowry of Minatare - $4,000
- Justin Smidt, Lincoln - $4,000
- Jeanette Brezina, Papillion - $4,000
- Jolissa May-Werner of Omaha - $5,000
- Velira Brazda of Bellevue - $5,000
- Billijo Fay of Elkhorn - $10,000
- Bernadette Kasmanchy of Grand Island - $15,000
- Vicki Swarthout of North Platte - $25,000
Published on 09/24/2018