Promotional Times and Dates: This promotion runs from September 6, 2013, 8:59 a.m. CST, through September 15, 2013, 11:59 p.m. CST.
Prizes: There are two prizes for this promotion. The prizes are as follows:
Eligibility and Entry: The Nebraska Lottery’s “NU vs. Northwestern Facebook Promotion” is only open to individuals 19 years of age or older and is free to eligible participants. To participate, an individual must be a current member of Facebook and “Like” the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page.
Entry steps are as follows:
In total an entrant can receive up to eleven (11) entries.
The Nebraska Lottery must be able to contact winners by, at the option of the Nebraska Lottery, the phone number or email address provided at the time of entry. After winner selection, the Nebraska Lottery will contact the winner and mail the winner a claims form. The name and other information provided on the claims form must match information provided at the time of entry. Proof of identification will be required at the discretion of the Nebraska Lottery to include, but not limited to, a photocopy of a valid driver’s license or other state issued identification, valid military identification or valid passport. If any of these criteria are not met, the prize cannot be claimed and another winner will be chosen.
Entry Rules and Regulations: Free entry is available on the Nebraska Lottery’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/nebraskalottery. To enter, participants must enter the contest by providing ALL required information. Required information includes name, phone number, e-mail address and valid Facebook account.
Prize Selection: This promotion runs from September 6, 2013, 8:59 a.m. CST, through September 15, 2013, 11:59 p.m. CST. A drawing will be held September 16, 2013. Only entries that have been submitted through the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page by September 15, 2013, 11:59 p.m. CST, will be eligible to win. The winners will be notified by telephone and email where they will be asked to provide their mailing addresses for prize fulfillment. The Nebraska Lottery will use the e-mail and other information provided at the time of entry. The prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Cash will NOT be awarded in lieu of a merchandise prize. Federal, state or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All applicable federal, state or local laws apply. Prizes will be mailed to the winners at the addresses provided when contacted by the Nebraska Lottery by email and phone. If agreed upon with the contest winner, the lottery prizes can be picked up at the Nebraska Lottery office located at 1800”O” Street, Suite #101, Lincoln, Nebraska. If a prize is returned to the Nebraska Lottery, the Lottery may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize. Winners’ entries and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winners' names, photographs or their likenesses for purposes of advertising, publicity or promotion on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery. The names of the winners and towns/cities/states will be posted on the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page following winner notification.
Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
General Contest Terms
1. Only entries submitted by legally eligible players through www.facebook.com/nebraskalottery.com and containing complete and valid information are eligible for this promotion contest. This promotion is operated using Woobox software. Woobox is a third-party promotions module. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for errors caused by Facebook, Woobox or other third-party software or hardware. Upon entry, an entrant agrees to Woobox’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at http://woobox.com/terms/
2. Entries which are lost, late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or incompletely received, including by reason of technical malfunction, network congestion or system incompatibility are ineligible.
3. Information provided to the Nebraska Lottery will be kept confidential, except as provided in 6., below, and will be used solely by or on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery and will not be shared with or sold to outside parties without prior approval.
4. The drawings will be conducted by a computer random number generator program at Nebraska Lottery headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska. The Nebraska Lottery will notify contest winners. The identity of contest winners is public information pursuant to Lottery regulations and may be posted on the Lottery website and publicized by other means including, but not limited to, news releases and articles in the Nebraska Lottery players digest and retailer newsletter.
5. Prizes awarded in this and any other promotional contest conducted by the Nebraska Lottery are taxable income and may be reported for tax purposes. Winners of prizes over $500 in value will be checked for outstanding tax and child support liabilities to credit prize awards in accordance with state law. Prizes over $5,000 in value will automatically have state and federal income tax of 5 percent and 25 percent, respectively, withheld in accordance with state and federal law.
6. Prizes won in this contest are not transferable and, unless otherwise stated in the contest rules, may not be assigned except by judicial order. The Nebraska Lottery will substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to unavailability for any reason. In such event, certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
7. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for any travel, lodging, meals or other expense related to claiming any prize. Non-cash prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash value. Prizes consisting of lottery tickets will be mailed to Nebraska addresses only. Out-of-state winners may pick up lottery ticket prizes at a Nebraska Lottery claim center location by arrangement.
8. Participants must be 19 years of age or older and MVP Club members to enter this contest. Employees of the Nebraska Lottery and its contractors, subcontractors and their immediate family members residing in their same household are ineligible.
9. Nebraska Lottery MVP Club membership entitles one to receive information concerning Nebraska Lottery products and promotions according to his or her stated preferences. An MVP Club member may modify his or her member profile at any time by following the directions on the MVP Club member login page on the Nebraska Lottery website at www.nelottery.com.
10. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for incomplete or mis-delivered claim forms or other claims documentation.
11. Contest rules, drawing dates, deadlines and procedures are subject to change without notice as may be deemed necessary or appropriate by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion. By entering this contest, all participants agree to be bound by Nebraska state law and the rules and regulations of the Nebraska Lottery.