Promotional Times and Dates:
This promotion runs from 8:30 a.m. February, 25 2013-11:59 p.m., March 10, 2013.
Prizes: There are three prizes for this promotion. The prizes are as follows:
Top prize: Free car washes for a year (a $250 value.)*
Second Prize: $100 gas card
Third Prize: $50 worth of Nebraska Lottery Coupons.
*The prize will be $250 cash.
Eligibility and Entry: The Nebraska Lottery’s “Win Free Car Washes for a Year” is only open to individuals 19 years of age or older and is free to eligible participants. To participate, individuals must be a current member of Facebook and “Like” the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page.
To upload a photo Facebook users must “Like” the Nebraska Lottery page and click on the promotion. After clicking the promotion, users can upload a photo of their vehicle for participation in the contest. Contestants will be required to provide email, name and telephone number to enter the contest. Submissions will be accepted 8:30 a.m. CST, February 25, 2013- 11:59 p.m. CST, March 3, 2013. Facebook users are limited to one photo submission for this promotion.
Voting and winner selection
Voting will begin March 4, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. CST. To vote, Facebook users must “Like” the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page. Upon “Liking” the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page users will have access to the promotion page. Users can then vote for their selection. Users are limited to one vote per day per submission. Voting ends March 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
Winner selection, notification and announcement
The submission with the most votes will be selected the winner. Second and third prizes will be awarded to the next highest vote getters. The winners will be notified by phone March 11, 2013. After notification and verification the winners will be announced on the Nebraska Lottery’s Facebook page.
Entry Rules and Regulations: Free entry is available on the Nebraska Lottery’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/nebraskalottery. Individuals must enter the contest by providing ALL required information. Required information includes name, email, phone number, and valid Facebook account.
Prize Selection: This promotion runs from February 25, 2013 8:30 a.m. CST through March 10, 2013 11:59 p.m. CST. The photo submission with the most votes at the end of the contest will be selected the winner. Only photos that have been submitted through the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page by March 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. CST will be eligible to win. Votes must be entered no later than 11:59 p.m. CST March 10, 2013 to be counted. The winner will be notified by telephone where they will be asked to provide their mailing address for prize fulfillment. The Nebraska Lottery will use only other information provided at the time of entry. The prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Cash will NOT be awarded in lieu of a merchandise prize. Federal, state or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All applicable federal, state or local laws apply. Prizes will be mailed to the winners at the address provided when contacted by the Nebraska Lottery by email and phone. If agreed upon with the contest winner and the lottery prizes can be picked up at the Nebraska Lottery office located at 1800 O St. Suite #101, Lincoln NE. If a prize is returned to the Nebraska Lottery, the Lottery may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize. Winners’ entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winners' name, photograph or their likeness for purposes of advertising, publicity or promotion on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery. The name the winner and town/city/state will be posted on the Nebraska Lottery Facebook page following winner notification.
General Contest Terms
1. Only entries submitted by legally eligible players through www.facebook.com/nebraskalottery.com and containing complete and valid information are eligible for this promotion contest. This promotion is operated using Woobox software. Woobox is a 3rd party promotions module. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for errors caused by Facebook, Woobox or other 3rd party software or hardware. Upon entry an entrant agrees to Woobox’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://woobox.com/terms
2. Entries which are lost, late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or incompletely received, including by reason of technical malfunction, network congestion or system incompatibility are ineligible.
3. Cash may be awarded as the top prize at the discretion of the Nebraska Lottery.
4. Information provided to the Nebraska Lottery will be kept confidential, except as provided in 6., below, and will be used solely by or on behalf of the Nebraska Lottery and will not be shared with or sold to outside parties without prior approval.
5. The Nebraska Lottery will notify contest winners. The identity of contest winners is public information pursuant to Lottery regulations and may be posted on the Lottery website and publicized by other means including, but not limited to, news releases and articles in the Nebraska Lottery players digest and retailer newsletter.
6. Prizes awarded in this and any other promotional contest conducted by the Nebraska Lottery are taxable income and may be reported for tax purposes. Winners of prizes over $500 in value will be checked for outstanding tax and child support liabilities to credit prize awards in accordance with state law. Prizes over $5,000 in value will automatically have state and federal income tax of 5 percent and 25 percent, respectively, withheld in accordance with state and federal law.
7. Prizes won in this contest are not transferable and, unless otherwise stated in the contest rules, may not be assigned except by judicial order. The Nebraska Lottery will substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to unavailability for any reason. In such event, certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
8. The Nebraska Lottery is not responsible for any travel, lodging, meals or other expense related to claiming any prize. Non-cash prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash value. Prizes consisting of lottery tickets will be mailed to Nebraska addresses only. Out-of-state winners may pick up lottery ticket prizes at a Nebraska Lottery claim center location by arrangement.
9. Participants must be 19 years of age or older members to enter this contest. Employees of the Nebraska Lottery and its contractors, subcontractors and their immediate family members residing in their same household are ineligible.
10. Nebraska Lottery MVP Club membership entitles one to receive information concerning Nebraska Lottery products and promotions according to his or her stated preferences. An MVP Club member may modify his or her member profile at any time by following the directions on the MVP Club member login page on the Nebraska Lottery website at www.nelottery.com.
11. The lottery is not responsible for incomplete or mis-delivered claim forms or other claims documentation .
12. Contest rules, deadlines and procedures are subject to change without notice as may be deemed necessary or appropriate by the Nebraska Lottery in its sole discretion. By entering this contest, all participants agree to be bound by Nebraska state law and the rules and regulations of the Nebraska Lottery.
13. Only digital photos or photo illustrations will be eligible. The Nebraska Lottery, in its sole discretion, will determine if photos contain indecent, offensive, or otherwise unacceptable content. Photos depicting nudity or obscenity; use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs; campaign or political activity; minors (persons under the age of 19); or any inappropriate, illegal or controversial subject matter will be disqualified from the competition. Submission of a photo does not guarantee qualification, award or publication.
14. Photos submitted must be original by the submitting photographer. Photos may be digitally enhanced, but cannot utilize copyrighted material created or owned by any individual other than the entrant. All entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Nebraska Lottery for any costs or damages resulting from any adverse claim of infringement.